Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time for Twitter

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand. Confucius

Yesterday I asked the administrators if they used Twitter. All eyes went down, no one wanted to think about what that meant. Immediately, a principal commented, I don't have time for that. Administrators are busy people, and no one has time for one more thing. But, my belief is, that if we are to lead this digital generation, we have to know what it feels like to be in their world. We have to take time to learn about what turns them on. We have to do this so we can create good digital citizens. Otherwise, we are missing out on an opportunity to learn and teach them how to be better users of the digital tools. They need our wisdom and our guidance.

1 comment:

  1. I am using Twitter (not very well) and following some people on Twitter (but not very often). Do use Twitter and the equivalent on Facebook and LinkedIn or do I use yet another tool to synchronize all these?
    How do we use Twitter to advantage - any ideas?

    ReplyDelete